Gresham’s bingo night helps raise more than £1,300 for Alzheimer’s charity
- Credit: Archant
Greshams Ipswich has handed over more than £1,300 to Alzheimer’s Research UK after raising the cash at its popular Christmas bingo night.
Manager Scott Doughty presented the £1,329 cheque last week after more than 130 people turned up for the event, most of them in fancy dress.
Although the club raises cash for a different charity each year, Mr Doughty said Alzheimer’s Research was a charity close to his heart.
“It was a brilliant evening, he said.
“I didn’t expect to raise that amount of money.
“We chose Alzheimer’s Research because it is something that affects a lot of families.
“A lot of people have someone they know who has suffered with it, I had a family member who did.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 8 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
“It is such a terrible disease.
“The charity bingo evening was brilliant fun, we had so many people dress up it was unbelievable.”