Teen remanded to appear at crown court charged with robbery of 81-year-old Ipswich man
A teenager has appeared in court charged in connection with the robbery of an 81-year-old Ipswich man.
Moise Sandu, 19, was arrested on Sunday evening, charged with robbery and remanded in custody to appear before magistrates on Tuesday.
Sandu, of Game Street, Oldham, is accused of being involved in robbery in Handford Road on August 22.
It is alleged he and a group of males forced their way into the man’s home, where two searched rooms and a third held a knife to his throat. Two males then allegedly walked him to a Hadleigh Road cashpoint to withdraw cash.
Sandu, alleged to have stolen a £100 cheque, £100 cash, tobacco and a phone, is the second to be charged. He entered no plea to robbery, triable at crown court, where he was remanded to appear on January 8.
You may also want to watch:
Ticu Bahica, 18, of Reavell Place, Ipswich, was detained for five years in a young offender institution after admitting robbery at Ipswich Crown Court on October 4.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder