Teen remanded to appear at crown court charged with robbery of 81-year-old Ipswich man
A teenager has appeared in court charged in connection with the robbery of an 81-year-old Ipswich man.
Moise Sandu, 19, was arrested on Sunday evening, charged with robbery and remanded in custody to appear before magistrates on Tuesday.
Sandu, of Game Street, Oldham, is accused of being involved in robbery in Handford Road on August 22.
It is alleged he and a group of males forced their way into the man’s home, where two searched rooms and a third held a knife to his throat. Two males then allegedly walked him to a Hadleigh Road cashpoint to withdraw cash.
Sandu, alleged to have stolen a £100 cheque, £100 cash, tobacco and a phone, is the second to be charged. He entered no plea to robbery, triable at crown court, where he was remanded to appear on January 8.
You may also want to watch:
Ticu Bahica, 18, of Reavell Place, Ipswich, was detained for five years in a young offender institution after admitting robbery at Ipswich Crown Court on October 4.
- 1 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
- 2 Huge queues at Ipswich Debenhams as shoppers flock to closing down sale
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Butchers warn a leg of lamb could rocket to £50
- 5 Fresh homes plan approved for Ipswich Waterfront
- 6 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car
- 7 New barrier set to replace planters in Ipswich after drivers ignore closure
- 8 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 9 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 10 Air ambulance called after unconscious woman found in park