Harry wins Harry competition
FANS of the most famous wizard since Merlin will soon see their wait come to an end as the Ipswich previews of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets open today.
FANS of the most famous wizard since Merlin will soon see their wait come to an end as Ipswich previews Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
To celebrate JK Rowling's second book making it to the big screen, UGC Cinema in Cardinal Park, ran a competition, along with Suffolk County Catering, for school children to design a Harry Potter poster.
Today the winner, Harry Jackson of Waldringfield Primary School, was awarded a family ticket during the school assembly to see the film.
The five-year-old's poster was of the Chamber of Secrets and Harry had no idea he was going to win until today.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher, Stella Burton said the school was very proud of the boy.
"Harry does not normally have school dinners but he did on the day of the competition because he wanted to be involved in drawing a poster.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
"Lots of children took part so we are very proud that Harry won. When the competition was launched we had a very successful day and all the cooks dressed up," she said.
Andy Reed, marketing manager at the UGC Cinema said: " I would like to see Harry's poster in a frame hanging in the box office.
"We gave Harry his ticket and also a goodie bag with lots of Harry Potter stuff for him to play with."
Previews for the film are showing and run from 4pm. For more information call the UGC on 01473 0870 907 0748.
The film opens nationally on November 15.
n Judy Rimmer on films – pages 22 & 23