Man accused of murdering wife at farmhouse due in court
- Credit: Archant
A man charged with the murder of his solicitor wife after she was found shot inside their family home is due to appear at court to enter a plea this afternoon.
Peter Hartshorne-Jones, 51, is accused of murdering Silke Hartshorne-Jones at their farmhouse in The Green, Barham, near Ipswich.
Hartshorne-Jones has been remanded in custody since his first appearance in court on May 5.
Mrs Hartshorne-Jones was found lying on the floor upstairs inside the home, with two gunshot wounds, after police were called to the scene at 4.45am on Sunday, May 3.
She was taken to Ipswich Hospital but died a short time later at 6.42am.
You may also want to watch:
A postmortem examination confirmed her death was the result of two gunshot wounds.
Detectives arrested Peter Hartshorne-Jones on suspicion of murder.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
A trial date has been set for October 26 at Ipswich Crown Court.