Have you got dash cam footage that could help police investigating Ipswich double murder?
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a double stabbing in Ipswich have been granted further time to question a 17-year-old boy from Ipswich who was arrested on suspicion of murder.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward and are particularly keen to hear from anyone driving past the West Meadows area yesterday with a dash cam fitted to their vehicle.
Police were called just after 1.15pm yesterday, Thursday December 8, to reports that a man in his 30s had been stabbed at West Meadows travellers’ site.
He had collapsed outside the site’s entrance and was rushed to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
At 1.30pm, another man in his late teens was brought to the Hospital in a car having sustained suspected stab wounds.
Despite being treated at the hospital, both men died a short time later.
Post mortem examinations are due to take place on both victims tomorrow. Both are yet to be formally identified.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 4 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 5 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 6 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 7 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 8 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 9 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Just after 1.30pm yesterday, a teenage boy was detained by police at Paper Mill Lane in Bramford in connection with the stabbings.
The 17-year-old from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to police custody for questioning.
Police have now been granted an extra 12 hours to question him.
A police spokeswoman confirmed there is still a police presence at West Meadows and Ipswich Hospital following the incident.
Police are appealing for information from anyone who was near West Meadows from 8am to 3pm yesterday, Thursday December 8.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference 70694/16 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 080 555111.