Health jam a 'big success'
A HEALTH event to show the downside of cannabis use has been hailed a big success.The health jam event was held at Ipswich's Cornhill yesterday and promoted healthy lifestyles to youngsters in the area.
A HEALTH event to show the downside of cannabis use has been hailed a big success.
The health jam event was held at Ipswich's Cornhill yesterday and promoted healthy lifestyles to youngsters in the area.
It was organised in response to recent research showing up to 70 per cent of youngsters excluded from school are turning to cannabis.
Tibbs Pinter, Ipswich Borough Council's substance misuse officer, said: “We wanted to encourage and celebrate principles of healthy living in order to promote alternative choices to smoking cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
“The day was an amazing success and it was fantastic to see such a great response from a wide range of the Ipswich Community.
“We were able to meet and talk with a huge number of people, and provide help and advice on a range of topics around cannabis use and abuse.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 4 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 5 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 6 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
“We were particularly pleased by the response we received from parents and grandparents who told us of their overwhelming support for the event and what it aimed to achieve.”
The event included stalls run by youth organisations, music by CSV media and healthy food and smoothies provided by MT Bellies.
The Wong Academy, Positive Futures and the Health and Fitness centres were also at the event promoting healthy lifestyles.