Revealed: Hotspots of coronavirus in Suffolk as infections rise
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Belstead Hills in Ipswich is currently the biggest hotspot for Covid-19 cases in Suffolk - but other towns are also seeing a rise in cases.
Areas in both Bury St Edmunds and Sudbury have now moved into the top 10, alongside a number of Ipswich districts.
Belstead Hills currently has 994.3 coronavirus cases per 100,000 people according to government figures - the highest in Suffolk.
These cases were all recorded in the seven days up to January 5.
But the area is closed followed by Gainsborough, Greenwich and Orwell as well as Fornham, Great Barton and Rougham, which have seen 903.3 and 901.9 positive tests per 100,000 people respectively.
Despite the highest spots being centred around Ipswich, Felixstowe Seafront currently has the fourth highest hotspot - with 899.1 cases per 100,000 people - and Sudbury now has 890.6 cases per 100,000 residents.
The statistics come as it was reported that up to one in 100 people in Suffolk have Covid-19.
The full top (cases per 100,000 people):
- 1 Burglar who targeted aunt's home while she was at her son's funeral is jailed
- 2 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 3 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 4 New bid for supermarket on Anglia Retail Park could be submitted
- 5 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 6 Pensioner 'could not help himself' viewing indecent images of children
- 7 Former Ipswich nightclub to become Network Rail base
- 8 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 9 £40,000 of cash and large amount of cocaine seized in Ipswich
- 10 Global property firm acquires huge new Suffolk logistics site
- Belstead Hills - 944.3
- Gainsborough, Greenwich and Orwell - 903.3
- Fornham, Great Barton and Rougham - 901.9
- Felixstowe Seafront - 899.1
- Sudbury - 890.6
- Christchurch Park - 843
- Whitehouse - 830.1
- Leavenheath, Nayland and Boxford - 780.5
- Broke Hall - 754.2
- Stoke Park - 746.5