Lorry breaks down on busy A14 slip road
- Credit: NORFOLK AND SUFFOLK ROADS AND ARMED POLICING TEAM
An HGV broke down on the westbound off slip of the A14 at junction 56 in Wherstead.
Suffolk police received a call at 7.21am to say that the vehicle had broken down.
Officers expected traffic to build up in the area as rush hour got busier.
There were some delays on the westbound carriageway once the incident site had been cordoned off, police said.
Recovery was arranged for the HGV and a police car was at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Only one lane was affected by the incident and the recovered vehicle has been cleared from the road.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal