High winds blow tree onto car in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A tree has fallen onto a car on Valley Road in Ipswich after being brought down in this morning’s high winds - blocking one lane of the road.
Police were called to the scene, on the A1214 close to the roundabout with Westerfield Road, at around 11.35am today, Thursday, March 14.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said thankfully nobody had been injured when the tree fell.
“We are on our way to this incident,” she said. “We were called at around 11.35am to reports that a tree had come down on a car.
“There are no injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“It looks like it is blocking one side of the road.”
A police spokesman said a highways team had been sent to the scene to clear the road.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties