High winds close city's roads
ROADS in Norwich were closed today amid safety fears because of high winds.
ROADS in Norwich were closed today amid safety fears due to high winds.
A stretch of the city's inner ring road was shut as winds caused problems with construction work being carried out on St Mary's House, Duke Street.
As a precaution, St Crispins Road was closed between the roundabout with Barn Road and the roundabout with Barrack Street.
Duke Street was closed between the roundabout with St Crispins Road and the junction with St Mary's Plain.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions were put in place for traffic when the closure were made, which lasted from 11.30am to 2pm.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 5 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions