Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A motorist has been taken to hospital after a BMW ploughed into a tree on the B1080 at Holbrook, outside of Ipswich.
Officers were called to the scene near the Royal Hospital School at 7.20am on Friday, Suffolk police said.
Three fire crews from Ipswich East, Princes Street and Holbrook stations also attended the incident.
The road was closed by police as the driver, who had become trapped in the vehicle, was removed.
An air ambulance landed at the nearby school, but the motorist's injuries were not deemed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
The driver was taken to hospital by land ambulance.
Police reopened the road at 10.15am after the vehicle was recovered.
- 1 US investors 'on verge' of buying Ipswich Town and appointing Paul Cook as manager
- 2 The Ipswich pubs preparing to reopen beer gardens on April 12
- 3 'Industrial scale' fly-tipping at Suffolk beauty spot
- 4 Patio doors smashed during house raid
- 5 Are you in our photos from Ipswich nightspot Brannigans in 2003?
- 6 Murder investigation into death of woman at Ipswich flat dropped
- 7 New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- 8 Calls go 'through the roof' at Ipswich hair salon after lockdown lifting news
- 9 Elderly man jailed for historic sex crimes against young girls
- 10 Grieving family's distress after NHS asks for compensation to be paid back