Homeowners challenge burglars who carry out four break-ins in Felixstowe in one night
Burglars struck across Felixstowe last night in four different break-ins which police are linking.
The four burglaries all occurred overnight between Sunday evening and this morning.
At 1.30am this morning, a female resident of a house in Mill Lane heard a noise coming from her living room and went downstairs to investigate. She discovered that her property had been entered and an untidy search carried out in the living room. No items were stolen.
Just before 3am this morning, a male resident at a property in Chaucer Road was woken by a banging noise. He went downstairs, where he saw a man attempting to break into his back door. The resident banged on his window and the man ran off, accompanied by another man.
At about 3.20am, a couple were asleep in their home in Cromwell Road when they were woken by a man entering their room. On being challenged, the offender immediately left the property. The couple then discovered that items including jewellery, an iPod, mobile phone and clothing had been stolen.
The offender is described as white, aged 20-30, about 5ft 10ins tall with short dark hair. He was wearing a hoodie and dark jeans.
At some stage overnight, a further property in Chaucer Road was entered, although it appears nothing was stolen.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 3 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 4 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 7 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 8 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 9 Caribbean trailer to open soon in town centre
- 10 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
Police are appealing for information. Anyone with information should ring 101