Horror in closet during house viewing
AN estate agent who was taking prospective buyers around a house found its owner dead in a closet.The body of the owner, a single man in his 40s, was hanging from a belt inside a walk-in cupboard in the main bedroom of the £350,000 house.
AN estate agent who was taking prospective buyers around a house found its owner dead in a closet.
The body of the owner, a single man in his 40s, was hanging from a belt inside a walk-in cupboard in the main bedroom of the £350,000 house.
The male agent quickly ushered the viewers out of the house and alerted the police.
The property in the village of Quorn, Leicestershire, was taken off the market immediately.
Leicestershire Police confirmed the death was not being treated as suspicious.
A spokesman for Hartleys, the estate agents, said: "Our thoughts and sympathies go out to the family and I praise my colleague who dealt with a difficult situation very calmly and professionally."
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
- 10 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days