Horse show halted as rider injured
GALLERY A popular horse show was temporarily halted while an air ambulance landed to take an injured rider to hospital.
A POPULAR horse show was temporarily halted while an air ambulance landed to take an injured rider to hospital.
The show rings at the Framlingham Horse Show had to be cleared of animals, riders and spectators when the drama occurred.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance took the young girl, who has not been named, to the James Paget Hospital with a compound fracture of a leg.
The incident occurred when she was competing at the show on Saturday and fell off her horse at a jump at the showground next to Framlingham Castle.
This was one of two incidents which occurred within minutes of each other at the show.
The show organisers had called for an ambulance when a man fainted and, as the ambulance was on its way, they had to make another emergency call when the rider fell.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 6 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 7 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
Mark Donsworth, show director, said yesterday: “We were having an excellent show until we had a man faint and the young girl fell off with a nasty injury.
“We had to stop the show for between 30 and 45 minutes while the ambulance landed in a ring. We had to clear the site which included moving all the Suffolk horses.''