Hot rod fever to hit Suffolk
IT will be hot rod heaven in Suffolk this weekend!Thousands of customised car collectors are set to descend on the county for their annual national get together and show at the Suffolk Showground, near Ipswich.
IT will be hot rod heaven in Suffolk this weekend!
Thousands of customised car collectors are set to descend on the county for their annual national get together and show at the Suffolk Showground, near Ipswich.
The weekend – Europe's largest show of Hot Rods, American and British classic cars – will include a car cruise to Felixstowe, where 500 vehicles will line up on the prom, and an open day.
It is the second year the National Association of Street Clubs has held its Street Rod Nationals at the showground at Bucklesham.
Association chairman Mark Ashman said it was a great chance for enthusiasts to meet up, enjoy the cars and have a real good get together.
He said: "The event had outgrown its last venue at the Herts Showground and the move to the Suffolk Showground has proved to have been a great success – everyone has greeted us with open arms, and the local authorities have been more than helpful.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 9 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 10 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
"The event is primarily for members, with a cruise to Felixstowe, two bands and a display of the miniature Hot Rods we call Tot Rods.
"On Sunday we open the doors of the showground to the public with a host of activities throughout the day, which makes a great day out for all the family.
"Last year we had 527 Hot Rods on the Saturday cruise, with over 2,000 cars on display for the Sunday show and this year looks to be even bigger after last year's success."
The event gets under way tomorrow as the cars start to arrive. On Saturday there is a variety of events for association members with the highlight the run to Felixstowe at midday, when the public will be able to see the cars lined up on the seafront.
On Sunday it will be Show 'n' Shine Day when the public can visit the showground between 9.30am and 5.30pm to see the cars, including a display of Hot Rod Choppers and racing, and take part in a range of fun activities.
Organisers promise customised cars of all shapes and sizes, including wild and wonderful vehicles from all over the country and Europe. They are the owners' pride and joy and people spend hours, as well as a small fortune, on them.