House damaged by fire

FIREFIGHTERS battled to limit damage to a house after it filled with thick smoke when a fire broke out in an appliance.

FIREFIGHTERS battled to limit damage to a house after it filled with thick smoke when a fire broke out in an appliance.

Crews from Woodbridge and Ipswich went to extinguish the fire in the semi-detached house in Sadler's Place, Martlesham at 6.20pm yesterday.

The fire was in a washing machine and the house quickly became heavily smoke logged.

The fire was out within 30 minutes but firefighters remained at the property to clear the smoke and salvage property which wasn't damaged.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter