Firefighters called to Ipswich solar panel fire
- Credit: Archant
Four fire crews were called to an Ipswich cul-de-sac after a solar panel control unit caught fire in the loft of a house.
Firefighters were called to the scene of the fire in Keats Crescent, off Spenser Road, at 9.30am today (Monday, April 26).
Crews from Ipswich East, Woodbridge and Holbrook were alerted to the blaze.
The fire was contained in the loft of the two-storey house and was caused by an electrical fault in the control panel of the solar panels.
Station manager Mark Walker said: "We were called to a fire in the loft which started from the control panel of the solar panels.
"It was an electrical fire and we had to use an aerial ladder.
"Smoke was peculating from the roof but fortunately crews managed to extinguish the fire before it spread to the roof itself."
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 6 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 7 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 8 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 9 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 10 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
No-one was injured as a result of the fire, which was extinguished shortly after 11am.
Twenty crews have also been called to the scene of a major roof fire at a thatched property in Thwaite, which started earlier in the morning.