House fire started by electric blanket

A FAULTY electric blanket was the suspected cause of a bedroom fire at the home of an elderly couple.

A FAULTY electric blanket was the suspected cause of a bedroom fire at the home of an elderly couple.

Crews were called shortly before 4.30pm to reports of fire at a semi-detached house in White Horse Road, East Bergholt.

On arrival, firefighters from Manningtree and Holbrook found a blaze had started in a bedroom of the house.

They wore breathing gear and used one hose reel to control the flames, which were out by 4.50pm.

No one was injured in the fire, which was reported not to have caused extensive damage.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter