School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- Credit: Google Maps
A school in Ipswich has begun the hunt for new premises, after submitting an application to turn its current site into seven new homes.
Ipswich Borough Council has received an application to demolish the buildings at 32 Larchcroft Road, which is the current site of the Meadows Montessori School.
The application proposes building seven new homes on the site, four of them two-bedroom, and the remaining three with three bedrooms each.
Headteacher and proprietor Sam Sims said that there are no immediate plans for the school to move premises, since approved planning applications are valid for three years.
She confirmed that the school is looking for a larger site, somewhere rural, but still within the confines of Ipswich.
“We’re flourishing, which means that we need more space,” she explained.
“We’re a school that does education a little bit differently, and I definitely think parents are looking for something a bit different right now. We are growing by the term.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 3 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 4 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 5 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 6 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 7 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 8 Seven arrested after two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
“We really value the outside, which is why we want to be somewhere where our children can have access to being in an outdoor environment all the time.”
She added that since the school has expanded to admit high school aged students, it would be ideal to have premises large enough for both the primary and secondary parts of the school to grow together.