How well do you know parliamentary candidates in Suffolk and Essex ahead of General Election?
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The General Election on June 8 is fast approaching – but do you know who is standing in your area.
Many people will probably know their former MP, and most of them in our region have put themselves forward for re-election.
However there are some constituencies which are guaranteed to have a completely new MP after the previous incumbent decided to step aside.
But have you read up on who is seeking your vote? Do you recognise their name, or their face, or either? Are the candidates familiar faces from previous elections or branches of local government, or a complete newbie parachuted in from elsewhere in the country?
Take a look at our quiz to see if you can answer a few quick questions about the parliamentary candidates standing for election in Suffolk and north Essex. Do you know who they are?
You may also want to watch:
See the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star websites on election night for the latest, up-to-date coverage of the results.
- 1 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 2 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 3 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 4 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 5 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 6 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 7 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 8 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 9 New Starbucks coffee shop planned for Ipswich town centre
- 10 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s