Huge vodka stash stolen
VODKA valued at £750,000 has been stolen from Felixstowe docks.Police are appealing for information following the theft of two containers from a site in Walton Road on Wednesday afternoon.
VODKA valued at £750,000 has been stolen from Felixstowe docks.
Police are appealing for information following the theft of two containers from a site in Walton Road on Wednesday afternoon.
The two containers, one blue in colour, the other believed to be silver, contained 2,280 cases of Absolut Vodka and were taken some time between 2.15pm and 3.20pm.
Acting Detective Inspector Allan Forbes is appealing for anyone with information about the theft to contact them immediately.
He said: "Two Volvo tractor units were seen entering the docks at around 2.15pm and after completing initial security procedures, the containers were loaded and left the dock.
"However, they did not arrive at their destination in Middlesborough.
- 1 'Really concerning' – Shock after machete attack at Ipswich sports centre
- 2 Boys, 15 and 16, arrested after man injured in machete attack in Ipswich
- 3 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 4 Can you spot yourself in our Festival of Wheels gallery?
- 5 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 6 Ann Summers on the move in Ipswich
- 7 Two teenagers charged after man injured in machete attack
- 8 Plea to return missing handmade postbox topper
- 9 Dad cured of rare facial pain inspires family's year of challenges
- 10 New details of plans to convert Ipswich church into music venue revealed
"We would like to trace these tractor units, which bear the registration numbers N997 TCG and J221 OKL, and would appeal to anyone who may have seen them bearing a silver or blue container in the past two days to contact us.
"We would also like to hear from anyone who has been offered this brand of vodka or who may have any other information relating to this theft."
This is the latest in a spate of thefts which have occurred at the docks.
It follows the robbery at Pentalver haulage yard, Blofield Road, which took place just on January 19, where a gang of four men stole three lorries containing clothing and Nike trainers and took a security guard hostage.
Anybody with information is asked to contact Felixstowe CID on 01473 383300 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.