Hundreds of Quo fans queue for books
FANS of Status Quo queued for hours today to get their hands on signed copies of the band's new autobiography.People started queuing at Waterstones in Ipswich Town Centre three hours before Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt turned up to the signing event.
FANS of Status Quo queued for hours today to get their hands on signed copies of the band's new autobiography.
People started queuing at Waterstones in Ipswich Town Centre three hours before Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt turned up to the signing event.
About 300 people joined the queues, many of whom had been at the band's sell-out concert at Ipswich Regent last night.
Francis said: “We've been getting the crowds to buy our books wherever there has been a signing session, people just seem to want to get hold of it.”
The duo have also signed books at Harrods in London as well as top bookshops in Bristol and elsewhere in the country.
First in the queue today were Dennis and Gail Thompson from Hadleigh Road, in Ipswich. Mr Thompson said: “We've been fans of them for many years. I've not been able to get to the concerts because I'm working at night but it will be great to meet them.”
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 3 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 4 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
- 5 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 6 Car damaged after object thrown from bridge over A14 outside Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich machete attack was 'gang related', court hears
- 8 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
- 9 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 10 Ipswich Hospital parking costs rise for first time in 10 years
Jeanette Mayhew was in the queue waiting to buy the book as a Christmas present for her husband Brian - who was standing beside her to make sure he also got to meet his idols.
Jeanette, of Nacton Road, said: “We try to see them whenever we can, they did a great concert last night at the Regent and this will be the perfect Christmas present for Brian. I was here at half past nine this morning, just a few minutes after the lady at the front of the queue”.