Hunt continues for missing boy, and girl
DIVERS, dog handlers, helicopters, coastguards and 60 uniformed police today continued their search for a seven-year-old boy.Fears were growing for Daniel Entwistle after his bicycle was found abandoned on a riverside quay close to his home in Copperfield Avenue, Great Yarmouth.
By Tracey Sparling
DIVERS, dog handlers, helicopters, coastguards and 60 uniformed police today continued their search for a seven-year-old boy.
Fears were growing for Daniel Entwistle after his bicycle was found abandoned on a riverside quay close to his home in Copperfield Avenue, Great Yarmouth.
Daniel vanished at 5pm on Saturday, and yesterday his distraught mother Paula, 31, made an emotional appeal.
You may also want to watch:
With Daniel's father, David, 41, she said: "If anybody knows or has seen anything, anything, suspicious or untoward could they please just ring the police. Daniel if you are watching please come home, you are not in trouble, please come home."
Detective superintendent Julian Gregory said: "I am sure we can all imagine the trauma the parents are going through and we want the public to help us."
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Dog mess thrown at Ipswich bakery staff in 'nasty' attack
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 8 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 9 'Large stones' thrown at lorry from A14 bridge near Ipswich
- 10 Is Babergh Council the 'neighbour from hell' in planning?
Daniel is 3ft 2in tall, thin, with light brown cropped hair and a northern accent. He was wearing a blue Adidas t-shirt, blue tracksuit bottoms, and grey trainers.
Meanwhile, worried mum Phillipa Gordon has pleaded with her teenage daughter Olivia who has been missing for 10 days, to get in touch.
She last heard from Olivia, 15, and friend Kayleigheen Rogers, 16, on Tuesday.
The teenagers said they were in Scotland and would be back home in Bury St Edmunds on Saturday, but they failed to show up.
Sgt Gary Moran, of Suffolk Police, said officers would be working closely with police throughout Scotland.
Mrs Gordon has no doubts they are in Scotland, although there have been reported sightings of the pair in the Stowmarket and Ipswich areas.
Olivia is white, 5ft 9in tall, with collar-length, bleached blonde hair, blue eyes, pale complexion and a stud in her top lip. She was last seen wearing a dark cardigan and light skirt.
Kayleigheen is described as white, 5ft 4in tall, pale complexion, slim, with black shoulder-length hair and her nose, ears and lip pierced.