Hunt for armed post office robbers
DETECTIVES are hunting two masked robbers who burst into a village post office with what were feared to be shotguns and demanded cash.The terrifying raid happened at Debenham Post Office yesterday when two men wearing balaclavas entered the High Street and demanded money.
DETECTIVES are hunting two masked robbers who burst into a village post office with what were feared to be shotguns and demanded cash.
The terrifying raid happened at Debenham Post Office yesterday when two men wearing balaclavas entered the High Street and demanded money.
A quantity of cash was taken before the men fled. No-one was injured in the incident and no shots were fired.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said last night: "The incident happened at 5.10pm and two men wearing balaclavas entered the post office, carrying what appeared to be shotguns.
"Money was demanded and a quantity was taken before the two men ran from the store."
The spokesman added he was unable to release any descriptions of the robbers last night.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 3 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 4 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 5 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 6 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 7 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 8 Seven arrested after two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 60 year old family business enters third generation
In a separate incident, detectives are hunting two robbers who burst into a village post office in Essex, armed with a shotgun and a knife, and demanded cash.
The raid happened at Birch Mini Market and Post Office, near Colchester, at 2pm yesterday, but it was unclear last night if there was any link between this robbery and the one in Debenham.
In the Birch raid, two men entered the store with their faces covered and pointed a shotgun and kitchen knife at two women working there.
They demanded cash and fled with what police described as a "substantial" sum.
Anyone with information about the Debenham robbery should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.