Hunt for armed post office robbers
DETECTIVES are hunting two masked robbers who burst into a village post office with what were feared to be shotguns and demanded cash.The terrifying raid happened at Debenham Post Office yesterday when two men wearing balaclavas entered the High Street and demanded money.
DETECTIVES are hunting two masked robbers who burst into a village post office with what were feared to be shotguns and demanded cash.
The terrifying raid happened at Debenham Post Office yesterday when two men wearing balaclavas entered the High Street and demanded money.
A quantity of cash was taken before the men fled. No-one was injured in the incident and no shots were fired.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said last night: "The incident happened at 5.10pm and two men wearing balaclavas entered the post office, carrying what appeared to be shotguns.
You may also want to watch:
"Money was demanded and a quantity was taken before the two men ran from the store."
The spokesman added he was unable to release any descriptions of the robbers last night.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 3 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 4 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 5 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
In a separate incident, detectives are hunting two robbers who burst into a village post office in Essex, armed with a shotgun and a knife, and demanded cash.
The raid happened at Birch Mini Market and Post Office, near Colchester, at 2pm yesterday, but it was unclear last night if there was any link between this robbery and the one in Debenham.
In the Birch raid, two men entered the store with their faces covered and pointed a shotgun and kitchen knife at two women working there.
They demanded cash and fled with what police described as a "substantial" sum.
Anyone with information about the Debenham robbery should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.