Hunt for armed post office robbers
DETECTIVES are hunting two masked robbers who burst into a village post office with what were feared to be shotguns and demanded cash.The terrifying raid happened at Debenham Post Office yesterday when two men wearing balaclavas entered the High Street and demanded money.
DETECTIVES are hunting two masked robbers who burst into a village post office with what were feared to be shotguns and demanded cash.
The terrifying raid happened at Debenham Post Office yesterday when two men wearing balaclavas entered the High Street and demanded money.
A quantity of cash was taken before the men fled. No-one was injured in the incident and no shots were fired.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said last night: "The incident happened at 5.10pm and two men wearing balaclavas entered the post office, carrying what appeared to be shotguns.
You may also want to watch:
"Money was demanded and a quantity was taken before the two men ran from the store."
The spokesman added he was unable to release any descriptions of the robbers last night.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 6 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
In a separate incident, detectives are hunting two robbers who burst into a village post office in Essex, armed with a shotgun and a knife, and demanded cash.
The raid happened at Birch Mini Market and Post Office, near Colchester, at 2pm yesterday, but it was unclear last night if there was any link between this robbery and the one in Debenham.
In the Birch raid, two men entered the store with their faces covered and pointed a shotgun and kitchen knife at two women working there.
They demanded cash and fled with what police described as a "substantial" sum.
Anyone with information about the Debenham robbery should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.