Hunt on for doorstop robbers
POLICE last night issued an e-fit of a man following a robbery which saw a resident attacked on his front doorstep.
POLICE have issued an e-fit of a man wanted in connection with a robbery which saw a resident attacked on his front doorstep.
The terrifying incident saw two men burst into the property at Pentlow Hawke Close, Haverhill, attacking one man who opened the door and threatening other occupants before speeding away from the scene in a black BMW.
Investigating officers have issued an urgent appeal for witnesses while issuing the e-fit likeness of a man they want to trace in connection with the incident.
A spokesman for Suffolk police: “Two men called at the door and assaulted the male occupant when he opened it. They entered the property and threatened the other occupants before taking items including cash and mobile phones.
“One of the men had a bandana across his face and the second offender was wearing a black hooded top with the hood up. The offenders left in a black BMW.”
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 7 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
- 8 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 10 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
One of the men has been described as white, in his 20s, of slim build with a pointed nose and marked skin. As well as having his face covered by a bandana, he was wearing a black hooded jacket with the hood up, black tracksuit bottoms and white trainers.
The second man was believed to be Asian, in his 20s, with short dark hair and a chubby face. He was wearing a black hooded top with the hood up, black tracksuit bottoms and white trainers. Both men were said to have spoken with a London accent.
Anyone with information about this incident - which took place at about 11.30pm on August 1 - should contact Pc Paul Gant at Haverhill CID on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.