Icy roads cause accidents
EMERGENCY services were kept busy today after a number of accidents on the county's roads.Police and paramedics were called to a single vehicle road crash on the A12 at Wickham Market at about 5.
EMERGENCY services were kept busy today after a number of accidents on the county's roads.
Police and paramedics were called to a single vehicle road crash on the A12 at Wickham Market at about 5.55am.
The driver of the car was not injured and was not taken to hospital.
Police alerted the Highways Agency and asked them to attend the scene.
Then at 5.55am police were called to a second single vehicle crash on the A140 at Coddenham. Nobody was injured in the accident.
Later, at about 7am, a car ended up in a ditch on the A140 near to the Beacon Hill junction.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
It not sure what caused the accidents but police say black ice could have been a contributing factor in some of the crashes.