Influential film maker Daryl will speak at University of Suffolk
- Credit: Getty Images
Daryl Goodrich to talk about his life in film making at University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk will host an exhibition this autumn from one of its alumni - top sports film director Daryl Goodrich
Credited for being in the top ten of the most influential people in securing the 2012 Olympic Games for London, Daryl Goodrich will be opening ‘From Suffolk to Sochi...and beyond’ in the University’s Waterfront Gallery on October 5, on Ipswich Waterfront.
Russell Walker, senior lecturer in Graphic Design who taught Daryl in Ipswich, said: “Few could have imagined that the 17 year-old design student at Suffolk College in the early 1980s, would go on to be one the most influential and prolific sports film directors in the world. This is the success story of Daryl Goodrich, a metamorphosis from a determined creative talent of a youth, to the international award winning director that he is today.”
His awards are many; among them he was named Best Director at the New York Film Festival in 2006 and Best Director at the IVCA in 2005 and 2008. Daryl was awarded the prestigious Judges Award from the Royal Television Society for his contribution to sports television.
You may also want to watch:
Daryl also directed the 2012 Olympic Games bid film ‘Sport at Heart’ and ‘Inspiration’.
Daryl worked on the world television feed of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics, having previously worked on a similar role at Athens 2004. He was the film director on Sochi’s winning bid for the Winter Games in Russia - and also Qatar’s successful campaign for the right to stage the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 6 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 7 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
Russell added:“The University of Suffolk is proud to welcome back one of its greatest Alumni for a retrospective exhibition of his work. The exhibition documents the transformation from student to budding designer, to the award winner that he is today. A collection of films, storyboard and scripts help to narrate the journey he has been on and the one still to come.”
Daryl Goodrich will be speaking about his work at the University on October 5 at 2pm. The event is free, however registration for the event is via Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/daryl-goodrich-tickets-27749065201