Investigation after man forced to London
SUFFOLK police have launched an investigation in the west of the county after a male was forced to get into a car and then driven to London.
SUFFOLK police have launched an investigation after a male was forced to get into a car and then driven to London.
A male in his 30s reported he was threatened at a property in Drinkstone, near Bury St Edmunds, yesterday evening.
He said he was forced to get into a car which was then driven to the capital.
This morning, police officers in London received a call from a member of the public in Lewisham, South London, who reported hearing a man asking for the police to be called.
Police attended an address in Lewisham where they found the male. He is currently assisting police officers with the investigation, which is in its early stages.
Officers are currently conducting enquiries in West Suffolk and London in relation to this incident.
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 4 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 5 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 8 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 9 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 10 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Suffolk Constabulary 01473 613500.