Ipswich man arrested after Ladbrokes knifepoint robbery
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with a knifepoint robbery at an Ipswich betting shop at the weekend.
The incident happened around 9pm on Sunday at Ladbrokes on Nacton Road in the town, and a 24-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested this morning on suspicion of robbery.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre, where he will be questioned by detectives.
Two male suspects entered Ladbrokes on Sunday and one of them shouted at a male employee.
The offender then grabbed the victim by his clothing and dragged him towards the counter before punching him in the head.
The second offender, who was holding a knife, then stole a quantity of cash from the safe. Both offenders then fled the scene on foot.
The victim was not injured as a result of the incident but was left very shaken.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
Witnesses or anybody with any information are asked to call police on 101, quoting reference 59436/18. Alternatively contact Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.