Ipswich: Blackfriars area to host new market
- Credit: Archant
CROWDS of people are expected to flock to the town this weekend for a new market.
Fore Street, part of the newly-dubbed “Blackfriars” area of town, will host the Food, Fashion and Flowers Market on Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
The market will see a range of stalls lining the street, selling food, clothing, accessories and flowers and plants as well as some unique gifts and crafts.
Ipswich Waterfront Action co-ordinator Jay Harvey has organised the event along with Ipswich Borough Council.
He said: “So many people enjoyed the last bustling event in the street and asked for it to be repeated, so we have engaged with a number of quality stallholders and providers of quality entertainment and are all set for Sunday.
“The weather forecast is looking good.”
Food stalls will include Tile Kiln Barn’s hog roast, burgers and sausages, gourmet coffee from Xpresso, Memorable Cheeses, jams and chutneys from Nick’s Wonky Label Preserves, Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine from a Passage to India, Suffolk Spanish Traders, Poppy’s Pantry’s vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free food, dry-cured meats from Tatty Pig, Syms Handmade Pie Co and gourmet Suffolk fudge from Yum Yum Tree Fudge.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 8 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
The fashion section of the market will feature jewellery, clothes, handbags and beauty products from Curiosities Tattoo Studio, Divine & Dandy, Ensign Accessories, Paula Jayne Creations, Sally Q, Suffolk Solutions, The Dress Circle and CSV Media. The flowers will be covered by Ladies That Lunch and Rougham Hall Nurseries.
Shoppers will even be entertained throughout the day with performances from the Co-Op Band and the Samboomba Samba Band.