Ipswich: Blaze at Farthing Road Industrial Estate ‘not suspicious’ - police
- Credit: Archant
A blaze which broke out at an industrial estate in Ipswich is not being treated as suspicious, police said last night.
Six fire engines were called to the incident at Farthing Road Industrial Estate at about 5.45pm yesterday following reports smoke was billowing from a commercial building.
Crews extinguished the blaze, which had caused smoke to fill the ground floor of a building, by 6.40pm.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman initially said police were called “due to the suspicious nature of the fire”.
But a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said that the blaze was not being treated as suspicious and no investigation or witness appeal had been launched.
You may also want to watch:
Several firefighters remained at the site for around an hour after the fire had been put out.
All crews had left the scene by 7.55pm.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 6 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 7 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park