First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- Credit: Clark & Kent/Ipswich BMX Club
Pictures of a new BMX track due to be built in Ipswich have been revealed ahead of the big build.
The existing race track at Landseer Park was used for the final time this weekend, with work on Ipswich BMX Club's new home set to begin on Monday.
The club raised more than £300,000 to fund the project, which was granted unanimous approval from the council in April.
It is hoped Ipswich will once again be the envy of the country within the BMX community on its completion.
John Lillingstone, club coach, said the track will take the Olympic sport to the next generation of Ipswich riders.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "These are really exciting times for the club and it's so good to see this becoming reality.
"The current club members certainly have a spring in their step and can’t wait for a modern facility to train on and of course race on regularly.
"We look forward to welcoming all new members to the club too and getting you all round the track with intro sessions to this fast, fun family sport."
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 7 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 'Paper' loss does not affect Ipswich council's income from property - Ellesmere
- 10 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children