Ipswich boss in line for award
AN IPSWICH call centre chief has been short-listed as part of nationwide search to find Britain's best boss.Graeme Kalbraier, managing director of Call Connection Ltd, based in Cromwell Square, is up for the awards for steps taken to help staff balance their work and home lives.
AN IPSWICH call centre chief has been short-listed as part of nationwide search to find Britain's best boss.
Graeme Kalbraier, managing director of Call Connection Ltd, based in Cromwell Square, is up for the awards for steps taken to help staff balance their work and home lives.
Call Connection, which employs around 350 people, offers incentives for staff including free fruit, free soft drinks and complimentary membership at a local gym.
Mr Kalbraier was nominated for his “inspiration and encouragement”, as well as an “open door” approach to managing his team.
He said: “Having a happy working environment is always at the forefront of my mind and I am committed to a work and personal life balance”.
He was nominated for the Working Families American Express Best Boss Competition by Ami Turnbull, a quality inspector at the company.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 8 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 9 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town
Ms Turnbull, who is registered blind, said she appreciated all the extra support she has been given.
She has a Braille keyboard and specially adapted computer software to enable her to fulfil her job in monitoring the quality of the call handling by staff.
She said Mr Kalbraier “really values his employees” and “treats them fairly and with respect”.
She added she was given “total support and time off” when she was matched with a guide dog just three days after starting work at the company.