Ipswich: Bus passengers say they have been left stranded after cuts to services
PASSENGERS say they have been left “marooned” at weekends after their bus timetable was changed.
Bus pass holder Rosemary Burrows is fuming that First has cut the 88 service from Ipswich to Felixstowe on Sundays.
The 77-year-old, of Spring Road, said: “We’ve had our bus services altered and now we don’t have a bus of any sort on a Sunday.
“We are absolutely marooned.”
“Now if we want to go to Felixstowe we have to get ourselves a taxi up to Ipswich Hospital and then get a bus from there to Felixstowe.
“It makes it all very expensive having to get a taxi as well.
“It’s bad enough now but waiting at Ipswich Hospital when there’s no real shelter in the winter is just beyond a joke.”
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 5 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 6 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 10 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
Mrs Burrows, who is a member of the Viaduct Social Club in Spring Road, added: “All of the people at the club are aged from 55 and there are only three of us who have cars. The rest of us have to rely on public transport. We’re stuck in Ipswich and can’t get out.”
Mrs Burrows said she cannot understand why Woodbridge Road is served by five buses on a Sunday and Spring Road has nothing.
A First spokesman said: “This is not the first comment we have received regarding the new 88 timetable and this will be addressed as a matter of priority when services are reviewed shortly.
“We thank every passenger for their feedback as these comments are passed directly to our commercial team to address where possible.”