Ipswich business Fred. Olsen chooses to support baby bereavement, cystic fibrosis and mental health charities
- Credit: FRED.OLSEN
Staff at an Ipswich company who are “always willing to jump on board for a good cause” have chosen three charities to raise money for over the next year.
Fred. Olsen workers will take part in a series of fun-filled events, including cake bakes and dress-down days, in aid of Ipswich Hospital Baby Bereavement Group, Cystic Fibrosis Trust and Suffolk MIND.
Amanda Cresswell, chairwoman of the Fred. Olsen Staff Charity Committee, said every year staff nominated local good causes to support.
She added: “With so many deserving charities, it is always a hard task to choose which ones to support. For many of our staff, however, these causes are very close to their hearts; they may have had friends or family members that have had to make use of the vital services that these remarkable charities provide.
“We have lots of events planned over the next 12 months and are fortunate to have very generous and supportive staff, who are always willing to jump on board for a good cause.”
You may also want to watch:
In 2016/17, Fred. Olsen staff raised £12,000 to be split between St Elizabeth Hospice, EACH and Inspire Suffolk.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 10 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash