Suspected drug dealer in black tracksuit chased of out Ipswich park
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drug dealer dressed all in black was chased out of an Ipswich park by police officers.
The man, who was thought to be dealing Class A substances, was spotted by officers from the Ipswich Central Safer Neighbourhood Team on Tuesday, September 25.
Officers Tweeted: “Town centre police have today chased a suspected Class A drug out of Christchurch Park - the suspect is described as being male, black, aged 21yrs, black matching Adidas tracksuit, black trainers, black rucksack and black cap.
“Any sightings please call police.”
Police are cracking down on drug dealing across Suffolk and particularly dealers travelling to the county from London to ply their trade, known as ‘county lines’.
Between January and July this years, officers arrested over 150 people in connection with the supply of class A drugs across the county.
As well as the arrests over £18,000 and over 2,800 wraps of class A drugs, such as heroin and cocaine have also been seized by officers across the county with 45 warrants also carried out.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women