Ipswich Choral Society kicks off new concert season
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Choral Society kicks off its 2017-18 season with a performance of Britten’s Ceremony of Carols this weekend.
The curtain raiser concert will be held from 7.30pm on Saturday at Ipswich School’s great school in Ivry Street.
The programme of performances include Ave Maria, Welsh folk tune David of the White Rock and Winter by Stevie Wishart.
Joining Ipswich Choral Society for the event will be renowned harpist Helen Sharp, who has performed with leading symphony and chamber orchestras in the UK, as well as pianist William Baldry, assistant director of music at St Mary-le-Tower.
A spokeswoman for the society said the event will have a “delightful programme of music for a winter evening”.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £15 for adults, which includes a programme and refreshments, or £7.50 for students and under 16s.
- 1 Concern over plight of homeless man living in tent beside Ipswich road
- 2 Police issue CCTV images in connection with Ipswich investigation
- 3 Missing boy Emilio, 15, found after rescue teams join search
- 4 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Suffolk?
- 5 Girl, 10, slapped in face by stranger in Felixstowe
- 6 Tributes to grandmother who helped 'countless' people find work
- 7 Town becomes first in Suffolk to get 5G
- 8 How much are people still going out in this lockdown?
- 9 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 10 All you need to know about your Covid vaccine appointment