When will the Cornhill fountains be switched on again? And what other events are lined up?
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE
With more sunshine hopefully just around the corner Ipswich Central have released details of what free events they have arranged for families this spring.
And it won't be long until children can have a splash around in the popular fountains on the Cornhill again!
Ipswich society Photocubes, Wednesday March 11 - Monday March 23
This month the Photocubes will showcasing pictures from Ipswich in days gone by.
Organised by the Ipswich Society the photographs will take a nostalgic look back at popular spots from Ipswich's past.
Pay the exhibition a visit over the next few weeks and see if you can see any old shops or familiar faces.
Cornhill Fountains, the big switch on - April
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 7 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 8 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 9 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Weather permitting the Cornhill fountains will be back up and running from the first week in April.
Last year they proved popular with parents who let their children have a splash around and let off some steam inbetween shops.
Give Golf a go, Friday, April 3 - Saturday April 4
One of the family events Ipswich Central have lined up is 'Give Golf a Go', which is being run on the Cornhill by Fynn Valley Golf Club.
Children and adults are invited to have a go on the putting green and try and get a hole in one.
And if golf really isn't your thing, you can just watch from one of the deckchairs - which, like the fountains, will be making a return this spring.
Ipswich Farmers' Market - Sunday April 5
The monthly Ipswich Farmers' Market will be back offering plenty of fresh produce sourced locally.
Have a look around the stalls and try some delicious cakes or even something alcoholic.
READ MORE: Five things you can buy at the first Ipswich Farmers' Market of 2020Urban Green Ipswich, Friday April 24 - Sunday April 26
The three day long Urban Green event will offer plenty for green fingered families to do.
Children will love the magic fairy garden and getting stuck in to some craft activities.
There will also be community stalls, workshops and plant sales.
If you want to find out more about what Ipswich Central have planned over the next few months, please visit their Facebook page - here.