Ipswich: Crowds to descend on park for fireworks bonanza
SPARKS and an array of colours will light up the night sky as crowds gather to celebrate bonfire night.
Thousands of families are set to flock to Christchurch Park on Saturday night for 41st anniversary of the annual fireworks extravaganza.
Final preparations for the event are currently under way, with organisers hoping the wet weather doesn’t make an appearance on the night.
This year’s bonanza, organised by the 11th Ipswich Scout Group, will also celebrate 50 years of James Bond.
More than �25,000 worth of fireworks set to Bond movies will burst into the sky at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
The park will open at 6pm and will kick off with the opening of the funfair.
A Guy Fawkes and lantern procession will past through the park at 7pm with a dramatic fire show finale also set to take place from 7.30pm.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
For more information about the night, visit www.ipswichfireworks.co.uk
n Send us your pictures from fireworks night at Christchurch Park. Log on to www.iwitness24.co.uk and upload your snaps.
n Come and see our promotions team who will be selling goodie bags on the night.