Attacker grabbed woman by the throat and threw her to floor in church
- Credit: ARCHANT
A man who attacked a woman in a church in Hadleigh has been jailed for 20 months.
Leon Woods went to the Hadleigh Baptist Church on September 18 and grabbed the woman, who was known to him, by the throat and threw her to the floor causing her to cut her cheek on a wooden board, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
He returned less than an hour later and again grabbed the woman by her throat with both hands stopping her from breathing for a short time, said Peter Gair, prosecuting.
He said a church minister had entered the building and saw Woods on top of the woman who had visible injuries.
Woods, 31, of no fixed address, admitted disclosing private sexual photographs, assault by beating and breaching a suspended sentence order.
The court heard that Woods had sent sexual pictures of a woman he knew to a man on Facebook Messenger.
Hugh Vass, for Woods, said his client had expressed remorse for the offences.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
- 10 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich