Ipswich: Dad of injured Gavin Frost set for cycle marathon
THREE fundraising enthusiasts are set to take on a mammoth cycling challenge to raise money to aid a man seriously injured in an industrial incident.
Gavin Frost was left fighting for his life after he was struck by a nine-tonne digger bucket in Fentons Way, Grange Farm, in January.
Suffering a string of injuries, the talented footballer has faced two operations and countless therapy sessions during his recovery.
But today, in order to aid his son’s road to recovery, Peter Frost is set to take on a cycling challenge with two friends by his side.
Mr Frost, Justin Green and Gavin Rolfe will be cycling from St David’s in Wales and will travel the 370 miles to Lowestoft in Suffolk. Setting off on Monday, the trio hope to complete the challenge by next Friday.
Mr Frost, who hasn’t been on a bike for around 45 years, said: “Everyone at the Port of Felixstowe where I work and all my friends have been so supportive.
“I have to thank them and everyone else who has had Gavin in their thoughts.”
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 4 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 5 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 6 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 7 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 10 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
While working in an 18ft-hole, Gavin was struck by the digger three times, once to the arm and twice to the side of his face.
The impact broke his jaw bone in three places, left him with a fractured skull, a broken cheek bone and eye socket, broken ribs and severe cuts.
Having had countless therapy sessions, Gavin is now waiting to have more surgery on his vocal cords to help improve his speech.
To support Gavin, call Peter Frost on 07941929273. For more details on his accident, click on the link above right.