Ipswich drug addict caught with crack cocaine tablet in Whitton recreation ground
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A drug addict was caught with crack cocaine on him in an Ipswich park after police were told about drug dealing taking place.
Frank Dickerson, 33, of Speedwell Road, Ipswich, admitted possessing a wrap of crack cocaine worth £2, when he appeared before the town’s magistrates’ court.
He also admitted failing to comply with a community order he was given in March by not reporting for an appointment on May 4.
Prosecutor Colette Harper said police went to Whitton recreation ground on August 23 over reported drug dealing.
Three people were seen.
You may also want to watch:
Two walked away leaving Dickerson - who has 48 previous offences including seven for drugs - remaining there.
John Hughes, mitigating, said his client was asking for help for his addiction.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
Dickerson was sentenced to a 12-month community order with a 25-day rehabilitation activity requirement attached and must pay £85 to the victims’ fund.