Ipswich drug addict caught with crack cocaine tablet in Whitton recreation ground
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A drug addict was caught with crack cocaine on him in an Ipswich park after police were told about drug dealing taking place.
Frank Dickerson, 33, of Speedwell Road, Ipswich, admitted possessing a wrap of crack cocaine worth £2, when he appeared before the town’s magistrates’ court.
He also admitted failing to comply with a community order he was given in March by not reporting for an appointment on May 4.
Prosecutor Colette Harper said police went to Whitton recreation ground on August 23 over reported drug dealing.
Three people were seen.
Two walked away leaving Dickerson - who has 48 previous offences including seven for drugs - remaining there.
John Hughes, mitigating, said his client was asking for help for his addiction.
- 1 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 2 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 6 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 7 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 8 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 9 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 10 St Clement's Church ready for new life as an arts centre
Dickerson was sentenced to a 12-month community order with a 25-day rehabilitation activity requirement attached and must pay £85 to the victims’ fund.