Ipswich: Elderly man remains in hospital after being threatened in his home
- Credit: Archant
The two men broke into the 83-year-old’s home in London Road, Copdock, just before 11pm on Monday night.
They stole his S-reg white Vauxhall Corsa parked nearby, which was later found burnt out in Belstead Road, Ipswich, 45 minutes later.
Although the victim remains in hospital he has now been able to provide police with a clearer picture of what happened.
Both men were white, between 5ft 8ins and 5ft 9ins tall, aged 26-28-years-old, wore black jumpers and had slight Irish accents.
The first man was, of medium build, with short dark hair, while the second had shaven dark coloured hair and was of a medium build but slimmer than the first.
Police want to hear from anyone who recognises either of the described offenders or who saw suspicious activity in Copdock or saw the Vauxhall Corsa anywhere between Copdock and where it was found in Belstead Road, Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 quoting HD/14/981 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 9 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers