Ipswich fire crews sent to house in Wicklow Road after gas leak reported

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

Two Ipswich fire crews were sent to Wicklow Road yesterday after reports of a gas leak inside a house.

The crews from Princes Street and Ipswich East were sent to the scene at 5.41pm after a call from the ambulance service. They isolated the electricity and gas supplies of the unoccupied house and found carbon monoxide leak coming from a faulty gas fire. This was also isolated to make the scene safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter