Fire reported near Belstead Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been called to a blaze in a residential street in Ipswich.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) was alerted to reports of a fire in Heatherhayes, off Belstead Road in the town, at around 8.20pm this evening.
Two crews from Princes Street, Ipswich, and one from Felixstowe were sent to tackle the fire.
Witnesses also reported seeing a police car and ambulance in attendance.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the force had been called to assist but was stood down by the time officers had arrived.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone had been accounted for,” the spokesman added.
SFRS confirmed the incident was dealt with by 8.47pm.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period