Ipswich: Former Chantry High student chosen as new Versace model
RYAN Barrett might be the face of a major ad campaign but the rising star isn’t just a pretty face.
The 25-year-old former Chantry High School student recently posed alongside supermodel Gisele B�ndchen after being selected to model in the new Versace 2012 ad campaign.
While his face is now splashed across huge fashion magazines, model and photographer Ryan has also been busy walking the runways for the industry’s biggest designers.
But despite his good looks, Ryan said he has developed a “thick skin”, knowing that “you can’t be everyone’s cup of tea”.
Ryan was signed up to prestigious modelling label Models1 after being scouted by a number of agencies when he moved to London to study fine art six years ago.
And in recent years, Ryan has made quite an impression on Italian fashion designer, Donnatella Versace – eventually signing to walk in Versace’s runway shows in 2011 and then taking on their newest print advertising campaign.
And despite his busy lifestyle, Ryan – who also has a love of photography – still has time to return to Ipswich to visit his grandmother.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 3 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 4 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 5 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 6 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 7 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 8 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 9 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 10 Critically endangered calf born at Jimmy's Farm near Ipswich
Today the versatile model said being signed to Versace felt like all of his hard work had paid off.
“At first I was very anti-modelling and wasn’t really sure what it involved or what it was really about,” he said.
“I’m glad I did make that transition though as it has been going really well ever since.
“The best part about the job is getting to travel to so many unusual and great places and then meeting and hopefully working with clients.
“I have been modelling now for about six years and the Versace solo campaign with Gisele has to be one of my highlights.
“It has boosted my career into overdrive which has been great for me.
“I was born and raised in Ipswich and lived in the Belstead and Chantry area. I still come back regularly to see my friends and family and my good old grandma.”
To find out more about Ryan’s photography, visit www.ryan thomasbarrett.com
n Have you got a special talent? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.