Ipswich: Fundraisers prepare for charity walk
MORE than 1,500 women are hoping to raise thousands of pounds for the St Elizabeth Hospice by walking around the town tonight.
The event will see fancy dress clad fundraisers pound the streets of Ipswich in support of the Foxhall Road charity.
Organiser Emily Sullivan said: “It is great news to have 1,500 women all committed to a great night out in support of the hospice.
“It will be an amazing atmosphere and the more money raised, the more it will help us to continue to provide our services free of charge.”
More than 200 kind-hearted residents have also offered to spare their time and volunteer at the event. Ms Sullivan added: “Without them we could not put on an event of this scale.”
Walkers will arrive at Portman Road from 9.30pm and the walk will start at 11pm.
This year there are two routes to choose from, a five mile and an eight mile walk, with the latter giving walkers the chance to reflect as it poignantly ventures past the hospice.
- 1 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 2 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 5 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 6 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 7 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 8 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 Men charged with heroin and crack cocaine offences in Ipswich
Women will be treated to a bacon roll and hot chocolate at the finish line.
If you are taking part in the walk and have any pictures or videos you want to share, please upload them to our iWitness site through the link on the homepage.
Please include details of who is featured – and any special reasons you have for taking part in the walk.