Ipswich: Fundraisers prepare for charity walk
MORE than 1,500 women are hoping to raise thousands of pounds for the St Elizabeth Hospice by walking around the town tonight.
The event will see fancy dress clad fundraisers pound the streets of Ipswich in support of the Foxhall Road charity.
Organiser Emily Sullivan said: “It is great news to have 1,500 women all committed to a great night out in support of the hospice.
“It will be an amazing atmosphere and the more money raised, the more it will help us to continue to provide our services free of charge.”
More than 200 kind-hearted residents have also offered to spare their time and volunteer at the event. Ms Sullivan added: “Without them we could not put on an event of this scale.”
You may also want to watch:
Walkers will arrive at Portman Road from 9.30pm and the walk will start at 11pm.
This year there are two routes to choose from, a five mile and an eight mile walk, with the latter giving walkers the chance to reflect as it poignantly ventures past the hospice.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 9 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Women will be treated to a bacon roll and hot chocolate at the finish line.
If you are taking part in the walk and have any pictures or videos you want to share, please upload them to our iWitness site through the link on the homepage.
Please include details of who is featured – and any special reasons you have for taking part in the walk.