Ipswich gets new homes for rent
IPSWICH: More than �2 million is being spent on 42 new “affordable” homes in the town.
The government has made grants to housing associations as part of new developments across the town.
Ipswich has received �2,102,500.
Most of the money will be spent at Griffin Wharf on the west bank of the Waterfront where the Guinness Trust will receive �1,333,500 to deliver 23 homes. This will include a three-bed wheelchair standard flat.
Ipswich MP Chris Mole said: “News of new affordable homes in Ipswich is great for all of those people who want to get on in life.
You may also want to watch:
“This new cash is a big step to helping lots of Ipswich residents, support the local construction industry and help out young people who are undertaking apprenticeships, gain the skills they need.”
Housing minister John Healey said: “Unlike Governments in previous recessions, we have used the power of public investment to ensure that even during the downturn we continued to build the homes this country needs.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 9 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 10 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
“I have given the go-ahead to nearly �500million extra funding for Housing Associations to build 8,000 new homes.
“Today’s investment in more affordable housing takes total Government help for housebuilding to �3.3billion since June. As the economy continues its recovery, I am determined that this support continues for the industry, for first-time buyers and for families.”