Ipswich giant teddy bear photograph gets a Ghostbusters twist
- Credit: Archant
Amazing cloud formation over Ipswich Waterfront goes viral
Ipswich man John Field’s photograph of a cloud formation over Ipswich Waterfront - looking like a giant Teddy Bear - has been an internet sensation.
More than 10,000 people have viewed it on the Ipswich Star and East Anglian Daily Times websites and it has been shared on Facebook pages around the world too.
It has all been a great surprise for photographer John, who is a great champion for Ipswich.
“I just saw it as an amazing cloud formation, against a clear blue sky, over the UCS Waterfront building.
“My wife Marie, and separately another friend, thought it looked liked a giant teddy bear and I shared it on our Facebook page.
“I have been amazed by the interest.
“I have had comments from friends as far away as Mexico, and in France.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 7 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 8 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 9 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“I think it one of those things that appeals to people.”
Now it has moved on a step, and his photo is being circulated again.
Somebody on the internet has taken John’s photo and turned it into a version of the Ghostbusters monster, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, by adding a sailor’s hat and collar.
Quite appropriate, for a famous maritime town and port.