Armed police raid Ipswich house after suspected firearm offences
- Credit: Archant
Armed police raided an Ipswich house after a man was seen with what was believed to be a firearm.
The incident happened at around 8pm on November 7 with residents reporting a huge police presence at a property on Tern Road.
One resident said she saw three police cars, a dog unit and two armed police vans in attendance.
A search on the property was carried out but no firearm was discovered.
A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm and he was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
He has subsequently been released and will face no further action.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today